A homemade dog food does not mean in any way that you give your dog a diet modeled on that of the human members of your family, let alone giving him the remains of the tables. Indeed, the dog is a carnivore with an omnivorous tendency whose nutritional needs are different from ours. A good homemade dog food for puppies or an adult dog must therefore be adapted to its specific needs. Otherwise, an unbalanced home diet will expose your pet to deficiencies that would irreparably damage his health in the medium or long term.
Choosing to feed your dog with a homemade ration therefore implies being very rigorous on the preparation of his meals in order to offer him a balanced ration both in quantity and quality. To ensure a sufficient quantitative contribution of nutrients constituting the household ration, it is therefore essential to weigh the various foods that constitute it . As for the quality of the constitutive elements of the ration, it must be ensured by a rigorous selection of the foods which will compose it as well as on modes of cooking and conservation respectful of the nutritional and sanitary qualities of the homemade dog food. As a result, below are recipes with regards to the best homemade dog food for puppies and adult dogs.
1. Vegetarian Formula with Yam
1 pound of yam
1 tbsp molasses
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1. Peel the yams and dice them.
2. Cook in boiling water until they are tender.
3. Then drain them and let cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F and mix all ingredients in a food processor.
5. Spray a baking pan with non-stick olive oil and pour the mixture onto the plate.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, let cool and serve.
2. Apple Cookies
Maybe you’ve been thinking “can dogs eat apples?”. The answer is positive because apples contain great nutrients and minerals which are required for the effective growth of your dog. Below is simple and natural recipe based on apples for your dog.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 finely chopped or grated apple (remember to peel and remove the seeds)
1 beaten egg
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup cold water
Bone-shaped cookie cutter (optional, you can use a spoon)
1. Preheat the oven and grease the tray where you will put the cookies.
2. Mix wheat flour and corn flour in a large bowl, then add the apple, egg, oil, brown sugar and water and stir until well mixed.
3. Flour your workspace. Then place the dough and knead it to the desired thickness. You can leave them less than 2 cm thick. If the dough is uneven in some places, nothing happens, it is the magic of making them homemade!
Note: Cut the apple into large pieces, then place it in the food chopper. This doesn’t save only your time, but it creates semi-regular apple pieces to mix well with the rest of the basic ingredients.
4. Cut the cookies to your choice shape and size. If you do not have a mold, you can use a knife and cut the dough into small squares or help yourself with a spoon.
5. Place the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes. 6. Then put off the oven so the cookies can become crispy.
6. Once crispy, remove cookies for your dog from the oven and let cool.
3. Rice and Lamb Formula
1 cup of long grain rice
2 teaspoons safflower oil
2 glasses of water
1/4 teaspoons ground thyme
1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1 pound ground lamb
1. To prepare, start by combining rice with safflower oil over medium heat and simmer for two minutes. 2. Add water, garlic powder, and thyme.
3. Let it cook, covered, for about 15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
4. While cooking, go ahead and cook the lamb in a skillet until golden brown, and add to the rice mixture.
5. Let cool completely before serving.
4. Meatloaf and vegetables
1 pound of ground beef
3 Stalks of Celery
1 apple (diced)
Slices of bread
1 cup oat flakes
1 cup wheat germ
1 can of tomato paste
1. Preheat your oven to a favorable temperature.
2. Cover an oil pan and place it beside it.
3. Then mix your ground beef, celery, carrots, eggs, apple, oats, bread, tomatoes and wheat germ in a large bowl.
4. Separate the mixture and shape them into small breads.
5. Cover the pan and bake for 80 minutes or until the meat is ready.
6. . Refrigerate and serve.
This also comes as one among the best dry puppy food you can make at home.
5. Chicken with Protein and Brown Rice
01 cup of brown rice
01 pound ground beef
2/3 cups flaked oats
10 ounces spinach
2 cups of broccoli
15 ounces of beans
2 shredded carrots
1 cup of cottage cheese
1/2 cup of olive oil
1. To prepare, start by boiling the chicken parts until they are ready.
2. Then let cool and strain them.
3. Once cooled, debone the meat and mince it by removing the skin.
4. Then mix the brown rice in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
5. Cook until the rice is tender, then drain the liquid and add the chicken to the rice.
6. Add oats, broccoli, spinach, beans, carrots, cottage cheese and oil.
8. Thaw it overnight in the fridge and it would be ready to serve by the next day.
6. Banana cookies for dogs
Today, most dog owners tend to ask this question: “can dogs eat bananas?” Banana is a fruit that our dogs can eat without problems, it is a good source of minerals, fiber and is anti-inflammatory. As it is a source of fiber, it will help your dog if he has diarrhea, but be careful because it can cause constipation if we give him a lot. Furthermore, it can be used to prepare one among the best puppy food such as banana cookies for dogs.
340gr of rice flour.
1/2 glass of water
1 banana (The more mature, the sweeter the cookies)
1. Marsh the banana with a fork until it looks like a porridge.
2. Add the egg and beat.
3. Add little water and stir.
4. Add the rice flour and knead until you create a dough that does not stick to your hands and can be easily stretched.
5. Stretch the dough: this step is important because if the dough is thick, the cookies will be raw inside.
6. On a tray lined with butter paper, place the cookies and take them to the preheated oven at 180ºC.
7. Wait 35 minutes.
8. Take it out of the oven: they should be golden and crispy. Wait for them to cool.
9. Let your puppy enjoy them.
- How to House Train Your Dog (Easy 3 Steps)
- 10 Commands to Teach Your Dog That Will Make You Both Happier
- Best Way To Potty Train A Puppy Like A Pro
7. Blueberry cereal bar
You must have heard many dog owners asking this question “Can dogs eat blueberries?” The short answer is yes, dogs can eat blueberries, as they are full of vitamins and nutrients that can give dogs a great boost to health, and they are small and soft, so they do not pose a great choking hazard.
There are many ways to give blueberries to your dog, and one of such ways is through the blueberry cereal bar.
A cup of blueberries
The flesh of a crushed banana
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
2. Microwave one half cup of peanut butter
3. Add 1 and a half cups oatmeal and the flesh of a crushed banana
4. Stir in 1-third cup of honey and a cup of blueberries
5. Mix everything, put in the oven for 30 minutes
6. Cut into bars
8. Frozen Coconut and Pineapple
Today, many dog owner never fail to ask ” can dogs eat pineapple”. From research, it has been observed that making puppy homemade dog food using pineapple has some benefits for dogs due to its content of diverse nutrients and minerals. It’s also one among the best food to feed a puppy and this can be made as shown below.
¼ cup grated coconut
Unsweetened ¾ cup of coconut water
½ cup of pineapple cubes
1. Add the coconut water and the pineapple cubes in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
2. Add a pinch of grated coconut to the bottom of each mold.
3. Pour the contents of the mixer into silicone molds.
4. Freeze for one night.
5. Remove by running the mussels under hot water. The hot water will allow you to easily get out each treat.
9. Raw Meat and vegetables for dogs
3/4 cup ground beef (raw)
1 cup of finely chopped veggies (yams, peas, kale, greens, broccoli, carrots, etc.)
2 tbsp purified water
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dog vitamin / mineral supplement
1./2 tsp steamed bone meal
1. To prepare, start by mixing all the ingredients in one dish.
2. Stir until mixed evenly, then add water until you get a favorable texture.
3. This will produce a cup of food, which is suitable for a dog that weighs about 20 pounds / 9 kg. Scale this recipe to meet your dog’s dietary needs based on its weight.
10. Apple Pie
200 grams of rice flour
3 medium apples
10g of baking powder
2 tbsp honey
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
1. Peel the apples and remove the crumb. Always make sure to remove all seeds (It is very important !!)
2. Grate the fruit and store in a bowl
3. Add eggs, honey and extra virgin olive oil and mix in a blender
4. Add this mixture along with the baking powder in the rice flour and keep mixing until the dough is very even
5. Add the grated apples and stir in the dough gently until well blended
6. Place the dough in a round baking dish and bake until golden brown (for about 25 minutes at 230ºc).
7. A good tip to know if it is ready is to stick a knife in the pie and if it comes out dry is already
8. Let cool and serve to your buddy
In conclusion, feeding your dog with homemade food can be a good option. However, feeding a puppy or an adult dog is not an easy mission to accomplish. Indeed, it is essential to be well informed to avoid nutritional deficiencies. To this end, it is essential to get advice from professionals who will offer you great products with regards to the nutritional needs of your dog. One of such excellent products is the “Dog Food Secrets”.
The “Dog Food Secrets”, is a perfect dog feeding guide which has the ability to improve your dog’s health, ensure it enjoys a nutritionally complete and balanced diet, and also add more years to his life upon usage.